Wednesday, September 26, 2007

Ooops

I know I haven't updated this blog in a while. I've been really busy sewing, ripping out stitches, and re-sewing all over again! At the moment I am working on a really cute dark denim tote bag with bright yellow gingham lining, with loads of pockets of course. I also recently finished a really large tote bag using lovely Irish linen and some Japanese fabric I bought from Matatabi at etsy. I've been trying to take photos of everything to put up here but my evil camera is really acting up, I hate it, so I haven't been able to photograph anything I've been working on.
I've also discovered the joy of making tissue covers, you know the little pouches to put mini handbag sized tissues into? I've made a few so far using Japanese fabrics and some linen leftovers. They're so pretty and of course functional as we prepare for autumn colds and flus. One of my aunts saw one I made for my mam and asked if I would make her one two, so I'm thrilled. I have 2 to give her, but I want to photo them before I lose them forever, but I can't photo them because of the evil camera....
It would be so great if I didn't have to work, then I could stay at home in front of the fire completing my sewing and embroidery projects as I listen to audio books, pure bliss. oh well.

4 comments:

Felicia said...

I look forward to seeing your new tote.

Summer Rain said...

Thanks Felicia. I think I have my camera working a bit better now, so I hope to be able to upload a few pics this evening!

secretsofabutterfly said...

just popped over to tatabi on your recommendation and purchased some of the cute fabric with deers and bunnies on, so thanks A for that link. Kat

Summer Rain said...

Hi Kat, yes matatabi has a fab selection, but beware, once you visit her shop, it's almost impossible to stay away! She is lovely though and always includes an extra bit of ribbon or stickers or something nice.