Friday, August 10, 2007

Dreaming of Barcelona


I've seen this chair around a lot. It appears on tv programs like Grand Designs in swanky open plan glass walled pads, as well as interior magazine photo spreads. For ages I didn't know anything about it, except that I liked it a lot and kept bumping into it evry time I turned on the tv or opened a magazine. I've even seen it on advertising bill boards.
However, it no longer haunts me, I now know its secret. It is the Barcelona Chair designed by cult German architect Mies van der Rohe. And better than that it can be ordered from sites all over the internet including Timeless Classics for the princely sum of € 855 incl. delivery. It is also available in a lovely white leather and there's also a matching ottoman, which I would have to order as well. If only I had a swanky glass walled open plan pad to put it in ...

No comments: