Saturday, October 27, 2007

I Heart Paris


I think I've gotten a bit carried away with the making squashy hearts thing. I've made 3 in this pattern alone (which I am pleased to say have all found good homes!). As you can tell by the Eiffel Tower, the fabric has a Parisian feel to it, and because the grahpics aren't too large, it really lends itself well to making smaller items. To make these hearts extra special I added 2 cinnamon sticks to each, and when the scent fades a bit, I just break a section of it, which doesn't affect the overall shape of the heart at all, but releases a wonderful new burst of the winter spice.

2 comments:

secretsofabutterfly said...

Hi Alma,i heart Paris too! and the heart is gorgeous your so clever at doing them. I got my fabric from matatabi after the postal strike and its lovely, some with russian dolls on, and some with little deers like bambi on with trees and rabbits so sweet. not made anything from it yet, been focused on the canvas pictures like one i did mam.but sometimes its just nice to have the fabric lying around isnt it in little piles all different designs, i have a basket with mine in, luv kat

Summer Rain said...

thanks kat,

i love matatabi's fabric, she has the best patterns and the delivery is unbelieveably fast.
the canvas you made for your mam was really pretty, i'm sure she loved it!