Saturday, October 6, 2007

Linen Bag





I made this lovely linen bag about a month ago. It's made from biscuit colour Irish linen (which I nabbed on sale), accented with pretty Japanese fabric showing autumn trees. I used simple cream coloured fabric for the interior, and more Japanese autumn trees for the row of pockets. I made fabric buttons in two different sizes, a large one on the front for the clasp and 4 tiny ones for the base of the handles. I also stamped the words 'apple..leaf' on sewing tape and stuck that on the front too.
This bag is great because I made it extra big. I could carry all of my groceries in this, or stuff a blanket and some food in it and go for a picnic in the local park. Autumn is my favourite season and I think the autumn trees will look fab this season.

2 comments:

secretsofabutterfly said...

Hi alma i love the bag you made so fitting for this season, and the little tree button that matches. You did the ribbon trim with words on so well ive often wanted to have a go with that,but stamping can be tricky sometimes,as it misses in bits doesnt it if youre not extra careful! butterfly wishes Kat

Summer Rain said...

Thanks a million Kat. The stamping was way easier than I thought, some of the spacing is a bit wonky because my stamps are individual letters, rather than words. I stamped a really long piece of tape and just cut out the most presentable section.