Wednesday, October 10, 2007

Take me to Marakesh



I just have to give this blog a special mention: it’s called My Marakesh. I stumbled upon it a few months ago, and was completely awed by its contents. Finding it was like discovering a beautiful (Moorish) secret garden.
The blog is about an American lady Maryam and her family’s efforts to build and open a guest house in Marakesh called ‘The Peacock Pavillions’ (they have 9 peacocks!). Maryam’s blog is crammed with the most colourful, vibrant photos you’ve ever seen (like the 2 above). Her work is so evocative of an exotic Morocco, you can almost smell the Jasmine and spices.
She captures not only her own family’s lives, but also the magic of the whole country. Think beautiful tiled fountains, bustling markets, coloured glass tea-sets, and crumbling, elegant French coffee houses
So, if you have a few minutes to spare why not visit her incredible site, I promise you won’t be disappointed.

No comments: